MichaelCD - The Blog.

The thoughts of Michael Cadwallader. Coffee loving, history book reading, Cheshire man.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Tagged

A little while ago I was tagged by the Fulham Reactionary. I must, therefore, in the traditions of tagging, supply six weird things about myself:
People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as stating this rule clearly! Three people need to be tagged and their names listed. Finally a comment needs to be left on each tagged person's blog...
So, here goes!

  1. Heights are probably my biggest phobia. I don’t get vertigo; it doesn’t even make me feel particularly queasy. But I do experience some very strange shooting-pain sensations in my feet. I usually feel a lot lighter than my twelve-and-a-bit stones, too, which makes something to grip on to a must.

    This is rather bizarre, considering my favourite place in Cheshire is Beeston Castle. This is a castle famous for being stuck on top of a rocky crag, with views of eight different counties.

  2. For the second thing, I think my obsession with genealogy, is worth mentioning. It’s meant that I have spent large amounts of money on allsorts of genealogy and census websites. I have subscriptions with Ancestry.co.uk and Genesreunited, and have managed to find a lot of distant relatives. A very satisfying thing, when you belong to a small family like me.

    I have also spent a lot of time, physically finding things. I have looked through the St Catherine’s index in Sale library, many-a-time. But, most of all, there have been numerous visits to cemeteries dotted throughout Wales and the bordering English counties, where my ancestors came from. I can think of nothing more satisfying than finding the grave of a long-lost ancestor, and placing a single flower on it, which says to anyone who may see it that ‘this person hasn’t been forgotten’.

  3. I have a massive football programme collection, which has meant that I have been to allsorts of matches and grounds in a bid to collect more. That's taken me from tiny no-facility grounds like Accrington Stanley and Hyde United, to Premiership teams like Tottenham Hotspur and Blackburn Rovers.

  4. I think I mentioned before that I love the Ray Mears/Bear Grylls type of wilderness survival show.

    I would love to see if I could make a go of living in a survival situation, but this is probably me being rather delusional. It is very easy watching such programs from the comfort of a centrally-heated house, with a fridge stocked to the rafters, and getting carried away about being an SAS soldier. But, that said, it's fun to dream of eating boiled nettles and drinking pine-needle tea, whilst sat around a campfire!

  5. I drink ludicrous amounts of coffee, sometimes. It's not unknown for me to have about seven mugs-worth whilst I am in work.

  6. Finally, it's bizarre to think that I am so obsessed with learning languages now, when I was so useless at them whilst I was at school.

    We were streamed into two sets in German, and, based on peformances in French, I was put in the higher class. Sadly, I was truly woeful and finished bottom of the class.

    Then, when we had to choose options in the third year, I wanted to - and believed I was good enough to - take French. The French teacher was, however, distinctly underwhelmed, and tried to put me off taking it. When that failed, she put me in the no-hopers group, and boy were they no-hopers! Sadly, this meant that I had only a slim chance of achieving a 'C' grade, and ended up with a 'D'.

    These memories drive me on, in my quest for fluency in Italian.

Okay, well that's it. Now I have to nominate three people to tag, and I hope that they do not get offended by my doing so. So, I will tag the New Zealand Conservative, Sam Tarran and the Mild Colonial Boy.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No facilities! There's a pie stall!

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Michaelcd said...

Well, I was in the away end, but now I do actually remember a burger van...if that can be called a facility!

 
At 4:09 am, Blogger nzconservative said...

I've finally got round to to responding to you tag, and have passed it on to 3 others.

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger shoes said...

Air Shoes
Nike Shox
Airshoes
Nike Shoes For Women
Pink Air Rift
Shoes With Air
Griffey Shoes
nike shoes
cheap nike shox
ferrari shoes
Air Max Shoes
Puma Shoes
mens Jordan Shoes
Nike Shox R4
Nike Air Force Ones
Childrens Shoes
Men Nike Shoes
Running Shoes
Air Sport Shoes
NIKE AIR MAX 90
NIKE AIR MAX 360
PUMA FUTURE CAT

Chaussures Sports
Nike Chaussures Femme
Nike Chaussures Homme
Air Jordan Chaussures
acheter air jordan fr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home